OPTICITIES brings together public transport authorities, universities and private companies, through the following major breakthroughs in terms of innovation:
- New monitoring devices and sources : data collection through users, new means for urban freight data collection, real-time road works data collection, multimodal real time data collection;
- Building of a standardised Urban mobility dataset and access portal: definition of a European standard for the Multimodal Urban Dataset and its interfaces between public authorities and service providers; development of a contractual architecture between private and public actors for data access, data exchange and service provision.
- Developing innovative services for multimodal and predictive management of urban networks: optimisation of urban networks exploitation through the development of traffic prediction tools and their integration into traffic management systems; integrated multimodal management allowing better allocation of means to support mobility demand.
- Developing innovative services for end-users ensuring service continuity between vehicles and smartphones: deployment of multimodal urban navigator on smartphones in the partner cities; service continuity between in-vehicle navigation system and the multimodal urban navigator.
- Developing innovative services for urban logistic: urban freight navigator; tools for urban freight management.